Deimos Space and Deimos Engineering and Systems have been successfully assessed at maturity level 3 of the CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) model of the CMMI Institute, a worldwide benchmark for quality and process improvement in software engineering (https://cmmiinstitute.com/pars/appraisals/53543). The assessment was carried out by CAELUM in June 2021, for the software development projects developed in the business units of: Ground Segment, Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), Flight Systems, Transport and Digital Transformation.
The CMMI model is a reference framework for process improvement that provides organisations with best practices and all the necessary elements to improve the effectiveness, maturity and capability of their processes. Maturity level 3 means that processes, methods and tools are well defined, understood, standardised, proceduralised and continuously optimised.
Among its many benefits we highlight its contribution to:
– Ensuring compliance with requirements, satisfying customer needs and expectations.
– Increase product quality and consistency in production.
– Reduce costs through the reduction of defects and reprocesses.
– Improve project planning, monitoring and control, as well as risk management.
– Optimise time to market, ensuring that products and services are delivered quickly and efficiently according to the planned schedule.
Luis Castillo Zugasti, Director of Quality and Management Systems at Deimos: “CMMI provides us with an ideal framework for the continuous improvement of our processes and gives us the best practices in software engineering and project management. In this way, CMMI helps us to strengthen and improve the efficiency of our processes, making us more competitive in the market. This accreditation, along with Deimos’ other certifications, reinforces our commitment to quality, excellence and continuous improvement.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)