Engineer for GNSS Receivers and Application
Deimos Space is looking for an experienced engineer to support development and validation tasks associated with GNSS receivers and applications. This activity falls within the responsibility of the transnational GNSS Business Unit that is working to develop GNSS positioning algorithms to enable position integrity and high accuracy.
The tasks shall be carried out at the Deimos Space premises in Tres Cantos, Madrid (Spain).
The main duties and tasks to be performed are:
- Develop real-time C/C++ SW application for embedded system
- Create verification and validation procedures to increase SW quality
- Contribute to design, prototyping and implementation of GNSS receiver algorithms on System-On-Chip based on FPGA
Contribute to the analysis, generation and management of SW requirements for GNSS projects
MSc or PhD degree in a relevant discipline (Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or equivalent)
An early career engineer, the role holder is likely to have 2+ years of experience in commercial software or System engineering.
- Working experience with embedded systems and real-time SW
- Excellent embedded C knowledge
- Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and/or Linux for embedded systems
- Strong fundamentals in Operating Systems, multithreading programming, Data Structures, and System Design
- System testing and verification experience
- Experience working with testing infrastructures in a Continuous Integration environment (git workflow, code quality, automatic testing and delivery)
- Familiar with Zynq FPGA platforms
- Knowledge of ECSS Standards
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Bash) for test automatization
Fundamentals of satellite navigation (GNSS concepts)
Fluent in English written and spoken. (Spanish would be an advantage, but not essential.)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and synthetize complex information
- Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks
- Ability to multi-task, identify priority actions and handle a high workload
- Comfortable with change and able to react to new priorities
A few benefits you will get if you come to work with us:
- Innovative and leading-edge technological projects.
- Nice working climate in a multicultural environment.
- Annual specialised training plan: technologies, soft skills and languages.
- Flexible working hours and remote work several days per week.
- Team building activities: Christmas dinner, football matches, paddle tournaments, cycling routes…
- Relocation package, if you come from another country.
- Coffee, biscuits and fruit are available at your disposal.
To apply for this job please visit www.elecnor-deimos.com.