EO DS Validation and Verification Senior Engineer
DEIMOS Space is looking for enthusiastic and proactive validation and verification manager to integrate Data Systems division, in Madrid. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry.
The selected candidate will join our Earth Observation Data Systems team in charge of Exploitation Platforms and Payload Data Ground Segment for satellite missions, among others.
EO Data Systems Validation and Verification Senior Engineer will lead the validation and verification activities of big projects executed under the Earth Observation Data System division.
The selected candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Validation and Verification Manager of Payload Data Ground Segment projects mainly related to archiving & cataloguing, processing and chaining, calibration and validation, user management, monitoring, …
- Validation and Verification Manager of Exploitation Platforms projects in charge of exploitation data from different sources in a cloud environment providing data discovery, access, visualization, processing, laboratory and other functionalities to final users.
- Contribute to the EO Data System proposals
- Prepare and maintain all project V&V documentation under his/her responsibility (Test Specification, Test Procedures, Test Reports, …).
- Participate in the CCB and team meetings
- Report to the supervisor, using management tools (i.e. JIRA).
- Manage the resources (materials, staff, etc.) that are assigned to those activities / work packages.
- Detect potential and actual problems and risks, and propose corrective/preventive actions for consideration with his/her Supervisor
Degree in Computer Engineer or related
A minimum of 10 years of professional experience with more than five years with similar position and responsibilities over the required area.
The candidate should have experience in validation and verification activities and leading them in the area of PDGS and/or Exploitation Platforms:
- Requirements Traceability
- Test Designs
- Test Specifications
- Test Procedures
- Test Data Sets;
- Test Campaigns
- Test Reports
- System integration and deployment in Virtualized, Distributed and Scalable Environments;
- Elaboration of proposals
- Experience using versioning control tools such GIT and continuous integration
- Experience with DOORs or similar tools
- Knowledge of ECSS standard
- Knowledge of OGC standards used in Earth Observation industry such as Catalogue Service Web (CSW), openSearch, Web Processing Service (WPS), Simple Storage Service (S3), Web Map Service (WMS), Ordering Service, …
- Knowledge of Earth Observation Exploitation Platform Common Architecture design
- Leadership and team management
English B2 (very good level, writing, reading and speaking)
- Good communication skills (English)
- Capability of team leading and working
- Interested in the aerospace sector
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and synthesise complex issues, coupled with good interpersonal capabilities and a proven ability to apply these to the interactions within the project, as well as with other managers.
- Ability to motivate the efforts of the project’s staff to accomplish goals will be an asset.
- Strong sense of ownership, commitment to service excellence and responsibility will be favourably considered.
A few benefits you will get if you come to work with us:
- Innovative and leading-edge technological projects.
- Nice working climate in a multicultural environment.
- Annual specialised training plan: technologies, soft skills and languages.
- Flexible working hours and remote work several days per week.
- Team building activities: Christmas dinner, football matches, paddle tournaments, cycling routes…
- Relocation package, if you come from another country.
- Coffee, biscuits and fruit are available at your disposal.
To apply for this job please visit www.elecnor-deimos.com.