Flight Software Engineer for Verification and Validation
DEIMOS is selecting engineers for its Flight Software Systems Competence Centre, forming part of the Avionics Business Unit.
The work of the FS Competence Centre is oriented to the specification, design, development and validation of Embedded Software and Hardware systems for space vehicles, including GNC systems, GNSS, Image processing, verification facilities, etc.
This position offers the candidate the possibility of working in Launchers and Space Missions with different and amazing objectives, such as, Earth Observation, Space Debris Removal and study of Objects re-entry in the Earth’s Atmosphere.
The selected candidates shall be integrated into an international team of highly qualified engineers and exceptional human quality. Likewise, Deimos’ transnational condition, could allow the candidate international mobility, developing his work from any of the company headquarters.
The following responsibilities are envisioned:
- Lead the Verification and Validation process according to the SW Development and Product Assurance Plans which may include several of the tasks enumerated hereinafter.
- Verification of SW requirements and SW design, including readability, correctness, completeness and traceability.
- Verification of source code, including definition of applicable coding standards and mechanisms to ensure compliance to them.
- Specification of unit tests, integration tests and validation tests, maintaining traceability to the SW requirements.
- Contribution to the definition of the validation platform(s) where the tests shall be executed.
- Participation in Independent Software Verification and Validation (ISVV) projects.
Required: A recognized engineering degree (Computer Sciences, Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications) or a related degree (e.g. Aerospace) with demonstrable experience in computer systems and software engineering.
Appreciated: Postgraduate studies (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) with a focus on software engineering, real-time software or embedded systems design.
Required: Engineer with minimum experience of 3 years in the practical application of the domains relevant to the post (experience obtained while obtaining relevant M.Sc. & PhD studies could also be considered as applicable for the position).
The position will be tailored to the level of experience. Industrial experience in the aerospace sector and/or critical software development will be viewed positively.
Required: The following capabilities are required for the position:
- Solid theoretical background in Software Engineering, especially testing and verification approaches along the Software life-cycle.
- Knowledge of ECSS standards related to SW development, in particular ECSS-E-ST-40C and ECSS-Q-ST-80C.
- Experience or knowledge of SW Coding Standards (MISRA-C).
- Good programming skills (C, C++, Python).
- Knowledge of software configuration control tools (e.g. GIT, SVN).
- Generation of project documentation, including requirements specifications, SW design, and other engineering documentation.
Desired: Experience in some of the following fields is desired but not indispensable:
- Practical experience in development of software with safety-critical or real-time requirements in related industrial context as e.g. ESA programmes, Aero/Automotive/Rail, or other experience in safety critical software (e.g. in European primes, OBSW providers, etc.).
- DevOps infrastructure: Continuous integration strategies and tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, SonarQube, etc…).
- Requirement management with DOORS.
Appreciated: Experience in any of the following would be viewed positively:
- Experience in multithread applications, real-time operating systems (e.g. RTEMS, VxWorks, FreeRTOS, etc.), or embedded computers (e.g. LEON, ARM).
- Capability to integrate in and work within a multidisciplinary team, in a collaborative international environment with full responsibility on specific areas of the work under development.
- Initiative, autonomy and self-development. Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks.
- Responsibility towards the customer and colleagues. Proactive attitude to solve problems, identify priority actions and handle concurrent activities and deadlines.
- Flexibility to participate in multiple projects or areas of activity.
- Flexibility for sporadic travels and/or perform collocations in different DEIMOS branches, or in the premises of the DEIMOS customers
A few benefits you will get if you come to work with us:
- Innovative and leading-edge technological projects.
- Nice working climate in a multicultural environment.
- Annual specialised training plan: technologies, soft skills and languages.
- Flexible working hours and remote work several days per week.
- Team building activities: Christmas dinner, football matches, paddle tournaments, cycling routes…
- Relocation package, if you come from another country.
- Coffee, biscuits and fruit are available at your disposal.
To apply for this job please visit www.elecnor-deimos.com.