Senior DevOps Engineer
Elecnor Deimos is looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to join the DevOps team of the Data Systems business unit in the space division. The DevOps team automates and improves quality in the delivery process for operational systems such as NextLand, Service4EO or store4EO.
The teams and clients we deal with are of many different nationalities and are located in different European countries. The work is developed in English.
In the DevOps team we work closely with our development and operational teams. Thus, the main tasks that the candidate will deal with are:
– Planning: Participation in meetings with the development teams to plan the development of improvements, corrections, establish priorities and any issue that affects the operation of the system.
– Deployment: Plan, deploy and automate deployments to several environments.
– Containerization: Assist in the migration from monolithic applications to docker and Kubernetes containers.
– Automated testing: Developing automated tests and pipelines for validation of deployed code.
– Operation: Putting in place systems for effective monitoring, alerting of deployments.
I.T., Telecommunications or similar.
4-5 years working in DevOps. Experience managing a small team or mentoring more junior members is desirable.
- Kubernetes cluster management and Helm deployment
- Cluster resilience, performance and scalability
- Docker compose, docker development
- Cloud engineering – AWS
- Programming (SQL, scripting languages)
- Automated testing frameworks e.g. Selenium, Cucumber, Robot
- Infrastructure as code such as Terraform, CloudFormation
- GIT Flow for container deploy/development
- CICD pipelines, ensuring software quality on delivery. Jenkins, Bamboo etc
- Kanban and scrum
- Experience in taking a lead role or managing a DevOps team
- Knowledge of microservice architecture
- Knowledge of the components of a ground segment and more particularly of the systems that usually make up a PDGS and their functions is desirable.
English level C1 – minimum B2
- The candidate must be able to integrate into multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Interpersonal skills are highly appreciated.
- A high capacity for reaction in stressful situations and rapid learning are necessary.
- Organizational skills and sense of order.
A few benefits you will get if you come to work with us:
- Innovative and leading-edge technological projects.
- Nice working climate in a multicultural environment.
- Annual specialised training plan: technologies, soft skills and languages.
- Flexible working hours and remote work several days per week.
- Team building activities: Christmas dinner, football matches, paddle tournaments, cycling routes…
- Relocation package, if you come from another country.
- Coffee, biscuits and fruit are available at your disposal.
To apply for this job please visit www.elecnor-deimos.com.