Senior Software Engineer for data processing in JAVA
DEIMOS Space is looking for enthusiastic and proactive candidates to integrate within our Data Processing Division, in Spain. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry.
The candidate shall be part of a team designing and implementing JAVA software to process on-ground the input data that is received from several instruments on board METOG-SG.
Perform the design, implementation and validation of several METOP-SG instrument ground processors (in JAVA) and integrate them into the ground segment framework.
Interact with the customer and DEIMOS Technical Manager for specification, design, development, validation and maintenance of the instrument processor. This may include holding meetings in other European countries.
Periodically report the technical status to the project manager and contribute in a proactive and resolute manner to the success of the project.Education:Required: a recognized degree in engineering (computer science, telecommunication, electrical, aerospace, or similar), physics or mathematics
At least 3 years of endorsed experience in JAVA development are mandatory.
The following skills are required for the post:
- Solid knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Good level of JAVA 8
- Java Stream
- Lambda functions
- Advanced usage of Generic Types
- Solid knowledge of Software Design Patterns. Should know some of them such Adapter, Strategy, Future, etc
- Knowledge of development of software using Dependency Injection and Dependency Inversion
- Experience working with unit and integration tests. Preferable experience in working using Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Knowledge of Java JUnit test framework and/or TestNG. Should know at least Junit
- Knowledge of Java Mockito test framework.
- Should have experience in working with Maven build framework (required only for one profile, not all)
- Experience in using Git. Should have good knowledge how Git works, how to start the assigned work, how to prepare the working branch to do a pull request, how to do pull requests, how to do a merge of a working branch in the develop branch.
- Other skills that will be considered as assets for the post are:
- Apache Storm, Kafka, RabbitMQ.
- Experience in working with AGILE methodology
- Experience in working with JIRA
- Experience in SQL.
- Experience in Docker.
- Capability to integrate in a work within a multidisciplinary team, in a collaborative environment with fixed schedule and inter-dependent relations
- Initiative and rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks.
A few benefits you will get if you come to work with us:
- Innovative and leading-edge technological projects.
- Nice working climate in a multicultural environment.
- Annual specialised training plan: technologies, soft skills and languages.
- Flexible working hours and remote work several days per week.
- Team building activities: Christmas dinner, football matches, paddle tournaments, cycling routes…
- Relocation package, if you come from another country.
- Coffee, biscuits and fruit are available at your disposal.
To apply for this job please visit www.elecnor-deimos.com.