Senior Space SW Developer
Deimos Space UK is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join the Space Safety team in Oxford. The team works on a range of projects across the entire Space Safety domain, from sensor development to tracking and characterisation of objects to risk assessment and mitigation strategy development. The ideal candidate is passionate about software development, goal orientated and a strong team player.
The role offers a vibrant and social workplace operating in a dynamic and fast paced sector. We believe in working collaboratively, keeping it simple & always improving.
For an ambitious, creative, confident, self-motivated team player this is an opportunity to make a real difference supporting a safe and sustainable future for space.
As a key member of the UK team, you will be responsible for providing software solutions to Space Safety problems. The successful candidate will work locally with the Space Safety project team and will have support in the software domain from the wider international team.
- Design, develop, test, deliver and deploy the software (with international
- Generate appropriate documentation and communicate results to customers
- Interact with customers and colleagues to understand project needs
- Define software requirements and workflow
- Provide technical support in proposal preparation and other commercial activities
MSc or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a software engineering role as developer
- in the applicable technology (Java)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in development in Linux
- Strong knowledge of Java (and at least one other language: python, C/C++
- Significant OS experience in Linux
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience (in particular in design
- and testing)
- Database technologies (SQL) experience
- Database technologies (NoSQL) experience
- Database life cycle experience (design, development, testing and
- Continuous integration and delivery experience
- Experience working with GitLab, Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Interfacing with legacy software (Java, FORTRAN, C++, python) experience
- Agile software development experience
Required technical skills:
- Operating System: Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, SUSE, etc)
- Interesting Technical skills
- Use and knowledge: Docker, Kuberntes and OpenShift.
- CI/CD: Gitlab Framework or Atlassian Ecosystem
- Usage of Jira and Confluence
- Usage of Git
- Knowledge or experience: SonarQube, Eclipse, DOORS (or other requirement tool), UML tool, database solutions (postgresql, mysql, mariadb, oracle, …), testing tools (Junit, Selenium, …), IDE (eclipse, intellj, …).
English (level B2): Fluency in both oral and written English
Spanish would be beneficial
Proactive and committed to excellence
A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
Adaptability to changing development environment needs, coding languages etc.
Responsible and committed to delivering to an agreed upon schedule
Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas succinctly and effectively
To apply for this job please visit www.elecnor-deimos.com.